Thursday, February 27, 2014

One-on-One

It's amazing, but when I get up early, Silas and Brigham just sense it. I am super quiet too! They just have this little sensor that goes off when I get out of bed. So if I get up early, Brigham and Silas get up early too and that means that later they will be super tired! 
Coming home from dropping Brigham off at preschool, Silas fell asleep and actually (miraculously) fell back asleep when I put him down on the couch. This left me with something that rarely happens...one on one time with Adam. What precious time! we ate lunch together, read stories, and played with cars. I feel bed but I was tired too, so I layed down on the couch hoping he just wanted to cuddle, but he didn't for very long so I just watched him with sleepy eyes and listened to him talk up a storm. This was good for my soul! It made my heart happy.
I need to do better at trying to have one-on-one time with all my children. They are so well-behaved when they don't have a sibling to fight with. They love having you all to theirself! 
Doug had one-on-one talks with Brigham and Silas when he got home because of an issue we had earlier today. I am amazed with what these boys learn when they talk to their father. One-on-one time can be a blessing for both the parent and the child. 

No comments: