Monday, January 27, 2014

Yes I know Heavenly Father Loves Me

The two older boys were upset after mommy took away the permanent markers that they knew they were not supposed to have.  The younger of the two just dropped to the floor with a tantrum yelling and screaming for his marker.  The older acted just plain rebellious. Finally, after the oldest was pacified with using crayons and the younger had finally stopped crying....Silas ran to me to hug me and cuddle.  This little boy just needed love.  Then, the older boy came in and saw me hugging the little one.  He started hitting me and acting angry at me again.  I was not ready to give this one the love that he wanted; he was not acting appropriately and I needed to feel like I could give him the love that he needed.  I went to my room and closed the door and thought about these two different reactions. One decided to give love and the other chose to try to force attention by doing the opposite. It was so easy to give back love to the one who came seeking it and giving it back.  It was a little harder and needed preparation to give to the one who treated me poorly, but it was given. These children just want to be loved and have attention. I think we all want that. I know I do. For "it is the Love of God which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore it is the most desirable above all things....yea, and the most joyous to the soul." (I Nephi 11:22-23)
There is a person that I have wanted to be friends with and to just know that she cared for me as her friend too.  I have tried to serve her and said a prayer last week about it. Well, I received an answer today :).  Just remember that even if we feel like we don't deserve it...Heavenly Father loves us unconditionally.  We make mistakes (just like my oldest  who is so sweet, helpful, and smart, and loves his mommy very much) but our Heavenly Father will always love us. President Monson said, "My dear sisters, your Heavenly Father loves you--each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities.  It is simply there.  It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful.  God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love.  It is simply always there." (October 2013 General Relief Society Broadcast, We Never Walk Alone).

No comments: