Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?


beautiful blanket of snow awaited us when we woke up this morning. It's been so dry and bare this winter that I welcomed it. What a wonderful blessing of needed moisture to be poured down on us. 
What little amount of snow we have received has been too powdery to even make a snowball. There was a little snow a few weeks ago that I thought was good packing snow. I stuffed my three little men in their bibs and boots and coats because they were so excited to build a snowman. By the time we got outside, the temperature had dropped significantly. The snow turned dry and powdery. Brigham and Silas were disappointed. Adam was happy to get out of his snow gear and have his full range of motion again.
Today's snow was sticky!!!! When I asked Silas if he wanted to go out and play in the snow he smiled and said, "yeah!" Adam was asleep and Brigham was still at school. So Silas and I started rolling balls (ok, so I rolled the balls and Silas helped push one of the balls for about ten seconds. He preferred to eat the snow). We finished our three balls for the snowman and waited for Brigham to do the arms and face. When Doug and Brigham got home Silas was screaming excitedly, "we're building a snowman!" I didn't know he was so excited about it because he was just eating snow. 
A snowman is a magical thing to little boys.


No comments: