Saturday, June 14, 2014

Building a stronger and healthier body: consistent exercise

So, I just finished doing my 60 days of Insanity workouts!!! Man, it was so hard! But, I kept pushing and before I knew it I was able to do the push-up- jacks and the suicide jumps. Working out is so good for your body and the harder you work, the stronger you become. Here are several benefits and awesome things I have noticed from doing some hard core exercise.

1. After I work out, I seem to crave healthy food. This is awesome because eating healthy food also helps you get in better shape too. They work together. 

2. My muscles are stronger and better toned. Obviously I am not a bulky woman and I never will be, but it sure is fun to see those nice muscle lines showing!

3. My balance has improved. I believe this is because my core is stronger. I can hold the flamingo stretch confidently now, when before I was wobbly.

4. I have increased my flexibility. Yep, I can stretch farther than I have in a long time. It's great for your muscles to be flexible. They won't strain as easy.

5. I have more energy. It's funny that to get more energy it requires pushing yourself to exhaustion or fatigue. But the more you do it, the stronger and more able you are to endure. After a really hard and exhausting workout I am so amazed at how much energy I feel like I have when my heart rate has fully recovered. 

6. My body went to the weight that it needed. I had five extra pounds on my body that I didn't need. Guess what! I lost exactly five pounds! You know, I think your body knows where it's supposed to be and if you are doing the right things to take care of your body, it will start heading toward the healthy weight that you should be. 

Now that I finished insanity, I will have to start a new workout goal so I can keep going and building a stronger, healthier body!

No comments: