Friday, April 11, 2014

"Marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God"

The title comes from The Family: A Proclamation to the World" 
Today I celebrated my sixth wedding anniversary with my dear husband, Doug. I am so grateful to have him by my side. There is no doubt about it how much I need him. We each have different talents and abilities that compliment each other. He has the ability to open my eyes to different perspectives and helps me be a better person.
I wouldn't call the last six years perfect. We have had our ups and downs. It's a journey we go through together. We stay side by side during the hard times and the happy times. It's hard work to keep a marriage in good shape. 
We didn't think we would be able to go on a date for our anniversary tonight so we went on a date last week. It was so much fun! We went rollerblading around the greenbelt. We got a few interesting looks. Doug thinks it's because you never seen anyone on blades anymore, but I think they were looking at how goofy I look when I rollerblade. Anyway, we did end up getting to go on another date tonight too! Score! It was wonderful to be in the temple and reflect on the amazing blessings promised to those who keep their marriage and temple covenants. 
It just gets better all the time!






No comments: