Sunday, August 31, 2014

It was worth it!

A Saturday where we stay home and organize the house. A little boring, but it needs to be done. I was bummed that it didn't work out to go to the Ogden Temple Open House. It would have been a great thing for us to do with the kids. 

Doug came home from out in the fields and said, "I can have the rest of the day off. Let's go." In an hour and a half we were on the road heading to Utah.

The 2 hour drive and the long wait was so worth it to have the wonderful feeling of having your family with you in the House of The Lord. Watching Brigham and Silas walk hand in hand and Brigham telling me in the Celestial room that his heart felt warm, and just feeling the joy and spirit of families are forever is the best feeling in the whole world! I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness for us.

It was also fun to see my childhood best friend and enjoy her sweet hospitality as she let us stay the night. Thank you, Sarah!

Also, enjoying being with family today as we gathered together after Dean gave his belated home coming talk in Honeyville. I really enjoyed being with my family and talking and laughing. 

This spontaneous trip was totally worth it!











No comments: