Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What's so special about family reunions?

Its a question many may wonder. Why is it worth the effort to go to or plan a family reunion? Well, it's the ultimate frisbee of course!!! Ok, well that might have been my favorite part, but the truth is it feels so fulfilling to be with family.

I really enjoyed strengthening relationships with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. It's fun to discover the amazing talents that are in your family. Some talents are running, jewelry making (didn't know my brother would be good at this one!), music, shooting nerf guns, writing books, and cooking yummy food. 

I loved watching the men turn into boys when they came up with their own nerf gun game. I loved being a part of an awesome game of ultimate frisbee (thanks mom and Melissa for taking turns with me being with the kids). Making jewelry out of African beads was awesome. Going on a run with my aunt and uncle was hard yet rejuvenating! The Olympic events were great for the "midgets" as aunt Jennifer likes to call them. A celebration of 80 years of an amazing woman's life was very touching and special. My grandma sure deserved it! What a fun family reunion! 
Who ever won the ping pong tournament? To be continued?




No comments: