Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Happy Birthday and a Tender Goodbye

Sunday was a very special day. It was a day to celebrate my baby being two years old! He is a sweet little boy. Whenever he gets caught doing something he let's out an"ahhh!" with a slight growl to it. He likes to replace the word "I" with "my" so he always says, "my done, mom" or "my do it!" He loves to play with his big brothers. He loves to sing twinkle little star. He always knows when trucks or tractors are coming in to the yard  and says, "hee comes da tuck!" 

Sunday was also a day to say goodbye. Great Grandpa Bitter (Doug's grandfather) was getting ready to leave this earth. Sunday evening we went down and told him we loved him and gave him our last hugs. It was very special and what a gift it was how alert he was. He was giving advice and joking. It was a truly beautiful gift for us to see him so talkative and alert. What a sweet last moment to see him and remember him by. I thank my Heavenly Father for allowing his body to have that last burst of energy to say goodbye to many of his grandchildren and great grandchildren. We feel so privileged to have enjoyed feeling of your spirit and visitng you, grandpa. We love you!






No comments: